Something Big is Happening Photo Book

 

picture of the front of my book


I have never produced prints before, so needless to say this was an interesting experience for me. 


I knew going into this project I wanted to do something different. I wanted to take pictures of but I wanted it to be more than just a picture, but something I really connected with. So, that's where my tiny houses come in.


Taking pictures of my art, editing them, and compiling them into a book was also very new, but exciting. Having them all in one place was a very beautiful experience. My tiny houses were something I did when I was younger to escape, to cope with things that happened in my life.


Making these into actual prints was also very different because they went from my tiny houses to bigger tiny houses. The transfer from drawing, taking pictures, and printing the houses was very different from what I usually do with the art of the houses. They tend to stay hidden in a sketchbook tucked away like a journal of the past.  Each stage produced a new house, a different house from the original but still carried the memory of the one before. 


Cultivating and producing prints is something I’ve never done, but should consider doing with my art in the future. It's a way to connect, to recognize what's happening underneath the layers, to dive into your own world and mind, and see where creativity can take you.


picture of art in my book

 


Comments

Popular Posts